Champs Holdings Personal Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy (“PDP Policy”) sets out how Champs Holdings Pte Ltd (Champs), Company Registration No. 201223866N (“Champs” or “us” or “we” or “our”) collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data.
Please note that by submitting Personal Information to us, you may be transferring your Personal Information to Singapore and other jurisdictions that may not provide an equivalent level of data protection to the laws in your home country.
Personal DataIn this PDP Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time. Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include your name, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection Of Personal Data
Generally, Champs collects Personal Data from you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties, or from publicly available sources in the following ways:
- when you submit forms relating to or purchase or use any of our products or services;
- when you interact with our personnel, agents, sales representatives or customer service officers, including via telephone calls, SMS, mail, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- when you respond to our queries or you request that we contact you or be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our surveys, promotions or other incentives;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and
- when you use our mobile applications or our website.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Purposes For Collection, Usage And Disclosure
Champs collects, and may use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- To allow us to provide you access to products and services and any relevant customer support;
- Managing the administrative and business operations of Champs or any of its related corporations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- Matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- Resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks;
- Providing media announcements and responses;
- Monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- Keep our websites, products and IT systems secure;
- Legal purposes (including but not limited to obtaining legal advice and dispute resolution);
- Conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- Meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Champs (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Where permitted under the Act, Champs may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following “Additional Purposes”:
- conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes in relation to our products and services, and to improve our service delivery and our customers’ experience at our touchpoints;
- providing additional products and services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes from Champs;
- data analytics and research;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of Products and Services by Champs;
- leads generation and management for marketing Champs’ Products and Services;
- administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalising your experience at Champs’ touchpoints;
- communicating to you advertisements involving details of our Products and Services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and online marketing);
- organising promotional events;
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Disclosure Of Personal Data
Champs will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Information provided by you is not sold to other parties for any commercial purposes.
Notwithstanding the above, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed below (where applicable), to the following:
- Champs’ business units, related corporations and employees to provide products and services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your customer accounts, subscription and billing or order arrangements with us as well as our products and services, to activate, deactivate, install, maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and consultancy to Champs;
- agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to Champs, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, printing, billing, payroll, processing, technical services, training, market research, call centre, security or other services to Champs;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving Champs or any of its related corporations;
- vendors or third-party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by Champs ;
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
In addition, where permitted under the Act and subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the Additional Purposes, to Champs’ agents or other third-party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by Champs.
Champs may disclose your Personal Data to Champs’ related corporations for the purpose of allowing Champs related corporations to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data for all of the same purposes for which Champs is allowed to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data. Champs’ related corporations include Champs’ subsidiaries and the subsidiaries of all of Champs’ holding companies.
Contact Via Telephone Number(S)
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s), Champs may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, SMS, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
Personal Data Withdrawal, Access And Correction
Retention Of Personal Information
Champs will retain your Personal Data for the duration of time to carry out the purposes for which your personal data was collected, for the other purposes set out in this policy, for business purposes and as required by relevant laws.
Governing Law And Jurisdiction
This PDP Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. The parties irrevocably agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore as regards any claim or matter arising in relation to this Policy. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) shall not apply to the Policy.
Security of Your Personal Information
Champs ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technological precautions to prevent unauthorized record access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, Champs uses 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
A password is required to login to access our Web Site’s member features. You are not to disclose your password to any third parties nor share it with any person/s not authorised to share this knowledge.
Aside from the unforeseen circumstance of unauthorised hacking into your computer systems, or theft of your own records, your password remains your sole responsibility. If you lose control of your password, it is highly likely that you will lose control of your access to our Web Site, and you may be subject to legally binding action (such as contracts entered) made on your behalf.
If you suspect that your password has been compromised for any reason whatsoever, kindly let us know immediately, and make arrangements to change your password.
Personally Identifiable Information
Champs gathers the following types of information from users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to register as members, to receive our electronic newsletters, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys;
- Information Champs gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs by helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience.
Following registration, you can review and change the personal particulars you submitted during registration. You must promptly update your information if it changes.
Updates To The Policy
Champs reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this PDP Policy, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change our personal data protection policy, those changes will be notified on our website or via other suitable methods. Any such change, update or modification will be effective as stated in the PDP Policy.